Cruising and writers
Maybe it’s the idealist in me that thought that a vacation on a cruise ship would be the perfect spot to write. I’m glad I didn’t think I would get anything seriously accomplished.
- There are no freaking outlets ANYWHERE on a cruise ship. We had one in our bedroom. ONE. Not a double one. Just one. Thank goodness for the internet, because I was prepared for this and brought a power strip. So, theoretically, I could have typed all day in my cracker sized cabin. If I wanted to see the ocean, or not appear to be a hermit though, I would have had to type in a public area where I found ONE double outlet, on 6 decks.
- Writing on paper sounds romantic, but since high school I’ve been composing everything on a computer. I was able to jot down some ideas on a tablet (the paper kind, not the $199 ipad kind) but other than brief ideas and where / what to research it didn’t go very far.
- The constant sway, sway, sway, of the boat will put you to sleep no matter how long you slept the night before and how awake you feel when you stretch out in your lounge chair.
Other than that, it was a great trip, I accomplished a great tan and some marketing ideas and lots of sleep.
I’m eagerly awaiting edits from my publisher and then it’s on to the next step! (which is….?)
- Posted in: distractions ♦ Writing
- Tagged: vacation, writing